when using my portable Greenshot (22.214.171.124) on Windows 10 I noticed that "Microsoft Outlook" is not avaiable as Destination although it is installed. On previous Windows versions I used this built-in MAPI Destination without any problem.
Because of the portable version of Greenshot missing plugins or wrong settings could be excluded.
After some searching on the internet and checking your source code I noticed that you are checking the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem and the Value MAPI for activating this function.
This value was not present although Outlook (2013) is installed.
I created the Value (MAPI = 1 (REG_SZ) ) and the Destination button in Greenshot appeared and was usable as expected.
I checked this on other PCs in my environment with the same result.
I do not think this is actually a Greenshot Bug but because of similar bug reports here I wanted to share this information. Maybe it is a problem with the Office installation or just a problem with my environment.
Feel free to change the category to Question/Info.
Thank you very much for your work on Greenshot.
Schöne Grüße aus Oberfranken
Windows 10 LTSC 2019
Microsoft Office 2013
thank you so much for this information, that is actually very interesting. It give a possible solution for some of our users, and I started to look into details with different eyes. I managed to find a few details, and to solve a question I was hoping you can help me.
Can you check if there is a value here, instad of the key you mentioned (without wow6432node):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \software\wow6432node\microsoft\windows Messaging Subsystem
Background: Greenshot run as 32 or 64 bit application, depending on the Windows installation. But you can install office as 32 or 64 bit, and this decides where the value is set. So we might need to check the other key also, which is not a big thing but I would like to know if this will solve our issue.
Schöne Grüße aus Zirndorf,
thank you very much for your reply.
Your explanation for this problem seems to be suitable.
The key exists under the the wowo6432node path because - as you already mentioned - Office 32bit is installed under 64bit Windows.
So I agree with your opinion that both keys should be checked.
Let me know if I can help you with further information or testing.
Grüße aus Pottenstein
Thanks, that might solve another bug 👍